More than half of RV owners plan to use their RVs more often this year than they did last year by enjoying frequent weekend vacations and staying closer to home, according to a new survey. The latest Campfire Canvass survey of RV owners reveals that 53 percent intend to use their RV more this year despite higher fuel prices, while 38 percent plan to use theirs the same amount. Which means RV’ers are hitting the road and taking advantage of great destinations, looking to find new places to visit, and the Portland Fall RV & Van Show has numerous destination experts, resorts and resources at the show.
RV Destinations are Plentiful and Fun!
SOME FUN RV TRAVEL FACTS:
- With more than 16,000 public and privately owned campgrounds nationwide, RVers are free to roam America’s roads for a weekend – or months at a time.
- Privately owned RV parks and campgrounds are found near popular destinations, along major tourist routes and even in metropolitan areas. These campgrounds appeal to travelers by offering a variety of activities to keep the whole family happy, including swimming pools, game rooms, playgrounds and snack bars
- RV travelers seeking a resort atmosphere are attracted to the growing number of luxury RV resorts with facilities such as tennis courts, golf courses and health spas
- Facilities at public campgrounds tend to be simple, but offer great scenic beauty. Public lands are popular for hiking, fishing, white water rafting and many other outdoor recreational opportunities enjoyed by RVers.
- RV family vacations are, on average, 27 to 61 percent less expensive than other types of vacations, according to a study by international travel and tourism experts Collier’s PKF Consulting USA.
RESORTS SLATED TO BE AT THE SHOW:
Check back soon for a list of RV Destination resorts exhibiting at this year’s show.